Questions about Naturopathic Medicine
Vancouver BC Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy specialist, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. at The Cross Roads is Naturopathic Medical Clinic has helped vast numbers of men and women to slow or reverse the consequences of age related hormone decline with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Naturopathic Medicine. Before beginning a customized program, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. will obtain all pertinent information from patients that may be suffering from hormonal deficiencies or imbalances. He will take the time to assess the patient’s medical history, learn about their treatment plan goals, and analyze their lifestyle habits in order to customize an expert plan. As a Vancouver, BC Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy specialist, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. at The Cross Roads Naturopathic Clinic is always happy to answer questions and concerns about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Naturopathic Medicine.
Some of the common questions he often receives include:
Naturopathic medicine is primary health care that supports the self-healing process and focuses on addressing the root cause of illness. The treatment plans reflect ‘whole’ person healthcare, importantly honoring the mind-body connection.
What does a typical visit involve?
The initial visit is 1 hour in length and is a chance to share your medical story. This visit is designed to be an information gathering session, in which a detailed review of medical history is recorded. As necessary, a physical exam may be performed in order to enhance the medical history. Because each patient is unique, a comprehensive individualized treatment plan will be developed for each patient. Additional laboratory work and/or medical records may be necessary in order to make a solid diagnosis, so this information may be requested. The return office visits are usually 30 minutes in length and involve case discussion, pertinent physical exam and modification or addition to the original treatment plan.
What types of conditions do naturopathic physicians treat?
Below is a more in depth look at health concerns that can be successfully treated by naturopathic medicine:
- Digestive problems: IBS, food allergies, yeast imbalance, heartburn, constipation, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, among others.
- Women’s health issues: hormonal imbalance, infertility, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, menopausal concerns, pregnancy and post-partum care.
- Infant and Children’s health care: diaper rash, allergies, eczema, asthma, colic, digestive concerns and infant food introduction.
- Seasonal and environmental allergies: asthma and auto-immune diseases.
- Eczema, psoriasis, acne and fungal infections of the skin.
- Weight gain, poor diet, migraine headaches and general fatigue.
- Colds and flu’s, ear and throat infections, fevers, joint and muscle pain.
- Depression, insomnia, anxiety, chronic fatigue, attention deficit disorder.
Other areas of focus may include:
- Detoxification and cleansing protocols
- Stress management, exercises to reduce anxiety
- Healthy pregnancy, birth and post-partum protocols
- Infant and children’s health; well child exams, infant food introduction, breast feeding concerns
- Nutritional and diet planning throughout the lifecycle
- Programs for weight loss and exercise prescription for fitness, injury recovery and overall health
Is naturopathic medicine covered under MSP or extended healthcare plans?
Many extended healthcare plans cover naturopathic medicine visits and laboratory testing fees. Patients are encouraged to learn the details of their specific plan. Also, MSP may pay a portion of the visit fees if you qualify for premium assistance under the medical services plan of BC. Inquire when you book your appointment.
Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. at The Cross Roads Naturopathic Clinic is a Vancouver, BC Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist that provides a wide variety of Naturopathic and Anti-Aging Medicine services. With a goal to help patients regain optimal levels of health, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. takes the time to understand the root of his patients’ health concerns. Throughout the course of the patients’ treatment programs, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. is always available to answer questions and modify treatment plans, if necessary. His specialized programs have helped wide numbers of men and women to overcome their health challenges and regain their quality of life.
To learn more about answers to important questions regarding Naturopathic Medicine, contact Vancouver, BC Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy specialist, Sanjay Mohan Ram, N.D. at The Cross Roads Naturopathic Clinic to schedule a free 15-minute consultation!